2022 ACCES Post-Secondary Scholarship – The African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their ACCES Post-Secondary Scholarship. It is a fully-funded scholarship for all students.
About the Scholarship
The African Canadian Continuing Education Society (ACCES) is a registered charity that has provided scholarships to underprivileged Post Secondary students in Kenya since 1993.
Most of our scholars join the ACCES Alumni Association (AAA) to support new students and some of our scholars have come back to work as staff in our Kakamega Kenya office where they run the office and award scholarships.
Aim and Benefits of ACCES Post-Secondary Scholarship
Successful applicants will receive a partial college or university scholarship from ACCES.
Requirements for ACCES Post-Secondary Scholarship
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
1. Must be a Kenyan Citizen, below 30 years of age, and from Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega and Vihiga Counties.
2. Must have a minimum KCSE grade of C plain for college and C+ for University.
3. For those already attending College/University and who meet the above grades, must maintain a minimum grade of B and above in academic performance.
4. Must be either enrolled or have an admission letter to a Kenyan learning institution accredited with the KNEC or KUCCPS. Post-Graduate Program Students are not eligible.
5. Students on Privately Sponsored Students’ Programmes (PSSP) in colleges and universities are not eligible to apply.
6. College/University students must not be fully funded by Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
For those under the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) Program, only the college/university undergraduates with a HELB loan of KShs.40,000 and below and showing further financial need may be considered.
ACCES Staff will verify the amount the candidate claims to have received from HELB.
7. Students with Disability who did KCSE from Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Kisumu, Nandi, Siaya, TransNzoia, Uasin Gishu and Vihiga counties are eligible to apply.
8. Must demonstrate the need for financial assistance by providing supporting documents outlining family circumstances. Recommendation letters alone, without other supporting documents, will not be sufficient.
June 30, 2022