2022 JCU Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship – Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the James Cook University Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship. JCU’s commitment to rewarding and supporting high-achieving applicants who wish to enrol in degree program at the University.
The JCU Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship (full fee waiver) provides up to a 100% fee waiver to a maximum of $40,000 per year for the minimum course duration. This scholarship is competitive and is available for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework (exclusions apply).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): James Cook University, Australia
Host Institution(s): James Cook University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: 100% fee waiver to a maximum of $40,000 per year
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | JCU Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship
Application for this scholarship is by invitation only, to international students enrolling in eligible programs, with a weighted average mark (WAM) of 85% or higher. The Scholarship provides financial support to high-achieving undergraduate students commencing full-time study at JCU in Study Period.
This Scholarship is subject to the provisions of James Cook University’s Coursework Scholarships, Bursaries and Grants Policy. The JCU Vice-Chancellor’s International Student Scholarships provide up to a maximum of $40,000 per year for the minimum course duration. Students must meet the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
To be eligible for James Cook University Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must hold a visa that permits study prior to commencing
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time, internal program
- Not applicable to Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, Master of Clinical Psychology, Higher Degree by Research, Study Abroad or Exchange programs
- Scholarships cannot be deferred
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a 6.0 GPA (full fee waiver) or a 5.5 GPA (partial fee waiver)
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other JCU grant, scholarship, or allowance
- Sponsored students are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship provides a fee reduction only – no cash payments or reimbursements are permitted
- Scholarships are allocated at the discretion of the Selection Committee
- Where the recipient fails to meet this requirement of ongoing eligibility, evidence of special circumstances contributing to the reduced GPA must be provided to the Scholarships Office for consideration
Conditions of the Scholarship
- If the recipient defers their study or takes a leave of absence without approval, the recipient will no longer be eligible for the Scholarship.
- If the recipient transfers to another course of study, continuation of the Scholarship, including tenure, will be subject to the approval of the relevant Dean.
- If the recipient fails to comply with any of the conditions of this Scholarship, the Dean of the relevant College may suspend or terminate the Scholarship or take such action as they deem necessary to enforce compliance of the condition by the recipient.
- A student may lodge a request for review of decision in accordance with the provisions of the JCU Student Review and Appeals Policy.
- JCU reserves the right to limit or adjust the number of scholarships awarded.
How-to-Apply: Your eligibility to apply for the scholarship is automatically assessed when we receive your course application. If you are eligible to apply, you will receive an invitation to submit your scholarship application. Instructions on how to apply for the scholarship will be detailed in the email invitation.
Application Deadline: July 18, 2022