2022 Master Of Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship – Victoria University of Wellington is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their Master of Drug Discovery Scholarship. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students.
About the Scholarship
This program will equip graduates with the tools to enter the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and agrichemical sectors. The program has been designed in consultation with international leaders in the pharmaceutical and related fields.
In addition to a research project, students will benefit from coursework in a series of interdisciplinary subjects ranging from medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical analytical chemistry and the formulation of drugs, to the regulatory framework in which pharmaceutical and similar companies operate and strategies to protect intellectual property.
This degree is designed to provide students with a broad grasp of the pharmaceutical environment and can lead to PhD study in a related field.
Value of Master of Drug Discovery Scholarship
The successful candidate will receive NZ $15,000.
This award can only be used towards the candidate’s tuition fee.
Eligibility for Scholarship
1. Holders of this scholarship will be expected to work on a research project under supervision.
2. Applicants must meet program-specific eligibility criteria.
3. Must meet University eligibility criteria.
4. Obtain a suitable visa in order to study in New Zealand and;
5. Open to all qualifying international students.
Documentation for Scholarship
1. Copies of academic transcripts
2. Degree certificates
3. A CV
4. A letter of motivation
5. Two referee reports (at least one from an academic/research supervisor of the candidate)
Regulations and Conditions
1. A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date
2. All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year program
3. The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year
4. The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
5. Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
6. Lastly, the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances.