2022 New Colombo Plan Scholarship – Flinders University is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their New Colombo Plan Scholarship. It is a fully-funded scholarship for all students.
About Flinders University
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. Founded in 1966, it was named in honour of navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
Flinders is a verdant university  and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group and ranks in the 10-16 bracket in Australia and 36th in the world of those established less than 50 years.
Aim and Benefits of New Colombo Plan Scholarship
The NCP Mobility Grant will entitle the student to a funded study of up to 19 months, including language training, industry internship and/or mentorships in the Indo-Pacific region.
Requirements for New Colombo Plan Scholarship
To be eligible for a Scholarship, and to remain eligible during their Scholarship program, an Applicant must:
1. Be nominated for the NCP Scholarship Program by their home university.
2. Be an Australian citizen.
3. Not be a current citizen or permanent resident of their proposed host location(s).
4. Be enrolled in and undertaking, until completion of all study components of the NCP Scholarship Program, at least one Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor’s Honours Degree at an Australian campus of an Australian university.
(If a scholar concludes their home degree requirements upon the completion of the mandatory study component of their NCP Scholarship Program, they may apply to DFAT for approval to continue to undertake any remaining component(s) of their NCP Scholarship Program)
5. Be between 18 and 30 years of age (inclusive) for non-Indigenous applicants, or between 18 and 35 years of age (inclusive) for Indigenous applicants, on 1 January 2022.
6. Have achieved a minimum 70 per cent graded average or equivalent for their undergraduate course at the time of application, as determined by the nominating home university.
7. Not be a previous recipient of an NCP Scholarship, and
8. Not be an employee of the branch of DFAT that administers the NCP.
July 19, 2022