2022 Voyager Scholarship For Public Service ~ Obama Foundation is now accepting applications from suitably qualified students for their Voyager Scholarship for Public Service. It is a fully-funded scholarship for all students.
About the Scholarship
The Voyager Scholarship gives college students financial aid to alleviate the burden of college debt, meaningful travel experiences to expand their horizons, and a network of mentors and leaders to support them.
1. Students will receive up to $25,000 per year for their junior and senior years of college.
2. They will also receive a $10,000 stipend and free Airbnb housing to pursue a summer work-travel experience between their junior and senior years of college
3. In addition, after graduation, Airbnb will provide the students with a $2,000 travel credit every year for 10 years, totalling $20,000.
4. Students will get an invitation each fall to an annual summit to help define and inspire their public service journey.
5. Moreover, throughout the program, students will be invited to an ongoing speaker series, giving them access to a network of leaders.
1. Plan to enrol full time in their junior year of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States in Fall 2022.
Eligible students are:
1. Finishing the sophomore year in Spring 2022.
2. Or transferring from a two-year to a four-year college for their 2022-2023 junior academic year.
3. Also, have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
4. Have demonstrated a commitment to public service.
5. Plan to pursue a career in public service upon graduation.
6. In addition, be a US citizen, US permanent resident, or an individual granted deferred action status under the DACA.
1. Interested applicants must complete and submit an application through the online application system HERE.
2. Applications are due by June 14, 2022, at 3:00 PM Central Time.
3. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Accepted students will be notified in August.
4. Finally, selected Voyagers will be notified in August and the program will begin in September 2022.
14 June 2022