2023/24 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships – The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is a non-degree program that provides important possibilities for professional development through chosen university courses, conference attendance, networking, and hands-on job experiences for participating fellows. It is wholly financed by the United States.
The U.S. Department of State funds the annual program, which is run by the Institute of International Education (iie). The program is packed with tremendous incentives and is primarily aimed at recent graduates and mid-career professionals, which makes it quite competitive for applications from around the world.
The Humphrey Fellowship is for you if you’re interested in widening your horizons and rising to the position of global leader. Now the question is, how can I apply for this fully paid Humphrey Fellowship to the United States via the application page or form? The response is succinctly outlined on this page, together with the prerequisites and rewards for applying for the fellowship.
How to Apply for Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023/24
The Interested applicant for this fellowship program usually will be able to access the application for the fellowship through the “U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country”
While the Binational Fulbright Commission takes charge of about 26 countries, all the other participating countries are managed by Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy.
The first step to apply is to “find out if citizens of your country/region are eligible to participate in the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program” To do that, you can click on your region and check through for your country in the list. If you find your country in the list then you are eligible to apply.
At that point, the next step will be to read the specific application instructions as outlined for your country/region and proceed to submit the application as instructed.
Summary of Requirements to Apply for the Humphrey Fellowship Program
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
What you should Know
- The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is a fully funded program, meaning it covers all costs of participation in the program including payment of tuition and fees, travel costs, language training costs, living allowance, professional development allowance for professional activities, etc.
- The program is non-degree graduate level program which allow participants to complete academic coursework at their host university to update their academic and professional knowledge in their field, but do not receive an academic degree as a result of their participation in the Program.
- The U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission takes charge of nominating candidates for the program and will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications.
- Fellows are not able to choose which university they will attend. Rather, they are assigned in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
- The program is a yearly program with 200 plus fellowships awarded every year. Participants generally may reapply for the Program based on the stipulation of the Embassy or Fulbright Commission in their country.