DeepMind 2022 Scholarships at Stellenbosch University – Students having a good foundation in mathematics and computation can enroll in the Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence program at Stellenbosch University in South Africa. With the help of this scholarship opportunity, you will be equipped with the principles of machine learning and artificial intelligence as well as a variety of cutting-edge methods and ideas.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Type: Masters, PhD (research-based)
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The scholarships cover university fees, health insurance, accommodation, living expenses, and opportunities for international conference attendance. Recipients will also benefit from mentorship by DeepMind researchers.
Eligibility: To be eligible, you must;
- be African. Preference will be given to applicants from groups across the continent that are underrepresented in the global machine learning landscape.
- have existing and demonstrable proficiency in Python or an equivalent programming language, and be comfortable with numerical linear algebra, vector calculus, basic probability theory and statistics.
- have one of the following qualifications by the time of enrolment:
- an honours degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Mathematical Statistics;
- a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- an NQF level 8 qualification deemed equivalent to the above, in a field closely linked to ML and AI.
Application Process: Click Here to Apply